1.85 oz/ 52.45 grams In bottle.
.15 oz/ 4.25 grams in sample vial.
What is Jojoba Oil? And why do we love it?
Jojoba (pronounced ho-HO-ba) refers both to the desert plant and the extract pressed from its seeds. The jojoba plant is native to the Sonoran Desert of southern Arizona/California and northwestern Mexico. It is actually not an oil, but a liquid wax. The liquid wax esters in jojoba are the closest thing in the plant world to the sebum our skin produces, making jojoba incredibly compatible with our skin. SloppySoap Inc. uses this ester wax in many soaps that we create! This is 100% Jojoba Oil, and is not deodorized, degummed, or bleached. A little goes a long way!
Jojoba Oil is:
- Nonallergenic (the extract is pressed from a seed, not a nut, and is safe for consumers with nut allergies)
- Does not oxidize or turn rancid, (making it remarkably shelf-stable)
- Safe for Babies and Pets
- Does not stain
- More congenial to the hair/scalp than olive or other vegetable or mineral oils
Uses for Jojoba Oil:
- After toweling off from a bath/shower
- On your scalp or great for cradle cap
- Messages - use out of the bottle or gently warmed
- Leave in hair tonic
- Use as a carrier oil for essential oils
Storing Jojoba Oil:
Store jojoba away from direct sunlight. Prolonged exposure to direct sunlight could result in bleaching. Tighten the cap on the container securely to prevent moisture and odor contamination from other scents.